Become a Member
Become a member and support the Institute. Couchiching offers Canadians from all walks of life balanced, unbiased opportunities to come together to discuss pressing public policy issues of the day with experts and other members of the community.
The purpose of the Couchiching Institute on Public Affairs membership program is to keep supporters up-to-date on our news and future events, and to raise funds to help offset the costs of our programs. Couchiching has three membership levels: youth, regular and corporate.
Benefits of membership include:
- belonging to Canada’s oldest and most pre-eminent public affairs forum, founded in 1932;
- a charitable tax receipt for the full amount of the membership;
- voting rights at the Institute’s Annual General Meeting and on the Board slate presented every August at the members meeting;
- advance notice of events, and a monthly members newsletter;
- the knowledge that you are contributing to a great Canadian tradition that promotes increased awareness and understanding of public issues;
- Membership valid for 365 days from date of purchase.
There are three types of membership:
- Youth memberships: $25 or more (charitable donation)
- Friend of the Institute memberships: $75 or more (charitable donation)
- Corporate memberships: $2,500 or more
Sign up for a monthly donation online at www.canadahelps.ca, and pay your membership fees in twelve installments of $6.25 a month.
Individuals who donate $75 or more to the Institute either in monthly installments or with a one-time donation will automatically become members.
2016 Summer Conference
The Canada Project
Identity, Citizenship, and Nationhood in a Changing World
August 5-7, 2016
The YMCA Geneva Park Conference Centre, Orillia, ON